V-Ray 3.0 Softimage
Built on V-Ray’s core platform of rendering speed, stability, and quality, V-Ray® for Autodesk Softimage is an advanced rendering solution for the VFX and animation industries. V-Ray for Softimage includes ICE support, efficient Global Illumination, versatile shaders, and much more.
What’s New in V-Ray 3.0 for Softimage?
• New Progressive Production Renderer for interactive and production rendering
• New VRaySkinMtl with layered reflections and artist- friendly controls
• Render Mask to specify render regions using an object selection or object IDs
• Deep Image support including OpenEXR 2.0 output
• Support for Texture Baking in SI • Added UV remap options to VRaySimbiont material
• Added support for emFluid 5
• “Light Select” render element is added
• Support for VRaySimbiontMtl
• Added Clamp max ray intensity
• Added “TIFF” in output file format settings
• Support for Slide_Projector node
• Added UI in the DR PPG for enable/disable local machine to participate in rendering session.
• “Use camera path” option works in Current Frame/Preview render mode
• Added all the UV subdivision options that we have in Maya • Implemented script commands for V-Ray Proxy
• Option to apply a bumpmap to the SSS shader
• Support for the soft raytraced shadows parameters of spot/ point/infinite lights
VRay Versions Also Available